cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Model Targets work inconsistently.

Amey_Gumaste
3-Visitor

Model Targets work inconsistently.

Hello,

I have started exploring thingworx studio since the last couple of days, I am very much interested to figure out how to get model targets working in the Thingworx View app. I am testing on both android and iOS devices. All the devices are updated and I am currently using the Thingwrox Studio 8.2.1 Trial Version.

My issue is that I was able to view the model target yesterday on the iOS device. But later I tried using 3D Label, and since then I am not able to see anything when I load the project in the Thingworx View app. I also tried creating a new project following the same steps. But no success yet. What could be the issue? Any support would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to recreate the output from my end by following the steps mentioned in the following post from Clay Helberg

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Studio/Model-targets/m-p/521444#M1669

3 REPLIES 3

What do you mean by "later I tried using 3D Label"? Do you see a 2D outline of the model when the experience is started?

I mean that I added '3D Label' augmentation to the Canvas and Published the project one more time after which it stopped working. Also, yes, I do see the outline of my model target. I keep wondering whether its something that went wrong in the project or does it take really long time to load the object after the model target is aligned in the app, and I might have to hold it steady for a that long to make it work. Which I think is not practical. So basically model target option is not working for me, at least not yet.

There is a green bar that will move back and forth to indicate the experience is still loading. You do need to wait for the experience to finish loading before model tracking. It is important that the camera is able to distinguish the features on your target, make sure the environment is well lit. Is the model shiny? This also can cause issues with tracking.

Also try republishing your experience and see if that resolves your issue

Top Tags