cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Visibility Issues

ncifelli
6-Contributor

Model Visibility Issues

Not sure if this is a bug or ignorance. I am trying to hide a model upon the start of my application and at a certain point make it visible.

I have the visibility box unchecked for the model, but it still shows at the start of the app. Also setting '      $scope.app.view.Maintenance.wdg.Testing.visible = false;' or even True does absolutely nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this a HoloLens project? You can use the 'force hidden' parameter to hide the model on experience start by doing something like this in the Home.js file:

//test visibility
$scope.Test = function() {
  $scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'ForceHide', 'true');
};

$scope.Test();

To show the model, you can use an application parameter and a small function. First, create a new app parameter. I created one called 'Model' and set it to true.

modelAppParam.jpg

Next, bind your new app param to the Model's 'Force Hide' property. 

ForceHide.jpg

Then, add the below code to your Home.js file:

$scope.showModel = function() {
  $scope.app.params['Model'] = 'false';
};

You can then call this function on any event within your experience. I called it on the 'swipeForward' Application Event.

showModel.jpg

Your model will be hidden until you call the showModel function. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Is this a HoloLens project? You can use the 'force hidden' parameter to hide the model on experience start by doing something like this in the Home.js file:

//test visibility
$scope.Test = function() {
  $scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'ForceHide', 'true');
};

$scope.Test();

To show the model, you can use an application parameter and a small function. First, create a new app parameter. I created one called 'Model' and set it to true.

modelAppParam.jpg

Next, bind your new app param to the Model's 'Force Hide' property. 

ForceHide.jpg

Then, add the below code to your Home.js file:

$scope.showModel = function() {
  $scope.app.params['Model'] = 'false';
};

You can then call this function on any event within your experience. I called it on the 'swipeForward' Application Event.

showModel.jpg

Your model will be hidden until you call the showModel function. 

ncifelli
6-Contributor
(To:tmccombie)

Not a HoloLens project. This method worked for me.

I did notice that if a sequence is applied to the model that the visible checkbox does not do anything. With no sequence my original code worked.

If you have a sequence defined, then the sequence settings will usually override the Studio settings.  To make sure that doesn't happen, you can use JS to toggle off the sequence property:

$scope.seqon = function (widget) {
  $scope.view.wdg[widget]['sequence'] = "Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - Figure 1.pvi"; 
}

$scope.seqoff = function (widget) {
  $scope.view.wdg[widget]['sequence'] = "";
}

Note that this doesn't work on HoloLens at the moment.

I believe this solution will make me loose the track of the current sequence. I should track this in another parameter to set it again when switching back. ForceHidden is indeed a better solution if it's just supported for HoloLens.

Top Tags