cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

On thingbrowser app ( mobile device), is it possible to use a remote-webcam-feed (with thingmark scanning) instead of using the inbuilt camera for building App/Experiences?

vgohil
5-Regular Member

On thingbrowser app ( mobile device), is it possible to use a remote-webcam-feed (with thingmark scanning) instead of using the inbuilt camera for building App/Experiences?

Usage Scenario: Application/experiences that allows user to remotely access, monitor and control IoT device

3 REPLIES 3
katte
1-Newbie
(To:vgohil)

If I'm not wrong, you must be trying to view (or simulate) the experience without scanning the ThingMark and even remotely. In that case, did you try the latest Studio preview feature, I'm sure you can view the IoT data.

-Giri

vgohil
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

Working on an academic project (product development) for retrofitting existing refrigerators with wifi-enabled camera, pressure mat (load cells) and some LED lights to auto-compute grocery-list and provide grocer recommendation (for price etc.).   Thought of potential use of ThingBrowser based application. Although there might be similar industrial usecases  where remote camera feed might be useful (with ThingMark).

With the support of ThingWorx View on Windows 10 you can leverage the webcam of a PC - I configured my laptop with an external WebCam instead of the internal one already and that works fine. I'm not sure if it would work with a networked webcam but I can imagine that Windows gives you more configuration options than Android or iOS.

Top Tags