cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Position of modelItem is wonky

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Position of modelItem is wonky

Hi folks--

I have an experience where I start with a model that is offset from its import location. I then added a couple of modelItems to be able to rotate them using JS. When I select the modelItems in the Studio editor, they appear in the correct location relative to the overall model. But when I view the preview, the modelItems appear where they would be if the original model had not been offset. They move along with the main model, but are not where they are supposed to be.

Is there a trick to getting modelItems to be positioned correctly w.r.t. the parent model when the parent model moves?

2 REPLIES 2

I though i had something here but then reread your question and now i'm not sure. Are there any sequences involved here or are you doing all your model movement with JS and the position properties?

Yes, there is a sequence. The basic idea is this: at certain points in the sequence, I want a couple of the model items (e.g. fan blades) to "spin" in place, indefinitely. Since you can't really do the "indefinitely" part in a sequence step, I was hoping to do it in JS, which you can just set as an interval until the next step triggers.

Because of the location issue, I couldn't use that approach, so I added the rotation to the sequence, and it just stops when the step is done. Not optimal, but good enough.

Top Tags