cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Possible bug with multiple 3D models in a view

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

Possible bug with multiple 3D models in a view

So i'm working on a method to try and speed loading of a large model, currently loading the High quality model takes 10sec which seems like an eternity when you are holding the device with the thingmark in view waiting.

So my plan was to have two 3D Model items in the view. One would have the Low version of the model as it's resource an the other would have the High version of the mode as it's resource (all these models are the result of the CAD optimizer when you upload resources to a project).

On start the High model would not be visible and not loaded but the Low model would. After the Low model loads I can use code in the "Model Loaded" service to make the High model visible and start it's loading. Once the High model loads i can flip the visibility of the low model off to hide it.

While this sounds like a good plan I'm stuck with what seems like a bug in the 3D Model object. When i have these tow models in the project they fight each other for the resource. I clearly have one set to use the High resource and one to use the Low resource but they are both displaying the Low resource. I can get it to a state sometime where they both display the High resource.

Any idea what is causing this or how to fix it?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags