cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Prevent autoplay of next step.

feil
11-Garnet

Prevent autoplay of next step.

Hi guys.

Is it possible to prevent an autoplay of the next step of a sequence when the step is over?

I would like to add a kind of check or acknowledge from the user befpre starting the next step.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @feil,

I am not sure if I understand the issue correctly - accutally when I am playing a step  e.g. 

{angular.element(document.getElementById(modelName)).scope().play(); }, 100);

It will play the current step and will switch to the next step. Is this the problem. Do you need to switch back the current step?

What you mean with animation? Here I need to clarify that in terms of Creo illustrate that we have animation and sequences. The sequence contains steps but the animation has no steps. Ok a step of sequence could animate some movements and also we could copy an animation into a step (using 2 different Creo Illustrate  sessions , not sure if in the mean time is in one session possible, does not check it indeed ) But still they are different feature in Creo Illustrate and therefore we need to clarify.

Could you explain on an example what is the problem. How do you start the sequence… animation – play , playAll or some scripts.

On possible way is to synchronize the call of the currently executed step with the next step. This could be done when you call the function one time and the next call is from an step complete event . Here I want to refer to the tech tip "List of Vuforia Studio events which we could be used as listener by javaScript/angular.js"  Item 2

Here is shown how to define an event which will call a callback function when a step is completed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:feil)
feil
11-Garnet
(To:tmccombie)

Thanks. I saw this post before, but it's not exactly what I want.

The problem ist that if I have a step without an playing animation, I have to call nextStep. If there is an animation it automatically calls the next step , that's an inconsistent behaviour. I want to implement some kind of checklist for the user in doing steps, and just start the next step after checking this checkbox(es). the AcknowledgeEvent does not help me with that, because it does not fire when not set in the Illustrator, and I don't want to jump the two programs just to control my experience. Why not have some more properties in the Studio to control those things???

Hi @feil,

I am not sure if I understand the issue correctly - accutally when I am playing a step  e.g. 

{angular.element(document.getElementById(modelName)).scope().play(); }, 100);

It will play the current step and will switch to the next step. Is this the problem. Do you need to switch back the current step?

What you mean with animation? Here I need to clarify that in terms of Creo illustrate that we have animation and sequences. The sequence contains steps but the animation has no steps. Ok a step of sequence could animate some movements and also we could copy an animation into a step (using 2 different Creo Illustrate  sessions , not sure if in the mean time is in one session possible, does not check it indeed ) But still they are different feature in Creo Illustrate and therefore we need to clarify.

Could you explain on an example what is the problem. How do you start the sequence… animation – play , playAll or some scripts.

On possible way is to synchronize the call of the currently executed step with the next step. This could be done when you call the function one time and the next call is from an step complete event . Here I want to refer to the tech tip "List of Vuforia Studio events which we could be used as listener by javaScript/angular.js"  Item 2

Here is shown how to define an event which will call a callback function when a step is completed.

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:feil)

Yes, it is possible by doing proper binding of Button Widget with services of Model

if you see the binding of "Buttton" widget with "Model" various option it will display

like as follows"

Forword

Play

Play All

Reset

Rewind

Stop

so you need to select "Play" option Instead of "Play All"

it will work 

feil
11-Garnet
(To:InfinityX)

Yes I know that options. But the problem is that the nextStep-event is called, and my step indicator shows that, but the user should do something before the next Step is shown.

Top Tags