cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Problems with vertical alignment of toggle buttons

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

Problems with vertical alignment of toggle buttons

Hi All,

I've noticed that for some reason, toggle buttons have a bit of extra space below them.  This can cause alignment problems when placing them in a grid.

Most experiences I create have a toolbar along the bottom of the screen with various "buttons".  These buttons are usually either an image widget with some JS function called on the click event, or a toggle button to turn things on and off.  The extra size of the toggle button means that is doesn't center vertically within the grid.

The screenshot shows what I mean.  I have a grid layout with a single row and a single column.  The row is set to 55px high and the column has Flex Direction set to Row and Alignment set to Center.  When I put an image and a toggle button in and that are both set to 40px x 40px, the image is vertically centered, but the toggle button isn't:

toggle_button_alignment_issue.png

When in the editor, you can see the extra blank space below the toggle button when you select on it.

I often have a row of buttons that are a mix of images and toggle buttons and this mis-alignment doesn't look great.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Of course, 30 seconds after I posted this I realised a solution.

I defined a CSS style to vertically center items and then applied that style to the toggle button.

The CSS:

.v-middle {
    vertical-align: middle;
}

How it looks with the v-middle style applied to the toggle button:

toggle_button_alignment_issue_solved.png

Hope someone finds this useful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Of course, 30 seconds after I posted this I realised a solution.

I defined a CSS style to vertically center items and then applied that style to the toggle button.

The CSS:

.v-middle {
    vertical-align: middle;
}

How it looks with the v-middle style applied to the toggle button:

toggle_button_alignment_issue_solved.png

Hope someone finds this useful.

Top Tags