cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Project Missing

ncifelli
6-Contributor

Project Missing

Not sure what happened but my projects are no longer showing up in the browser. The project folder still exists in Documents>Vuforia Studio>'Project Name' Is there any method to get it back?

Error Log:

[2018-12-04T18:46:04.595Z] warn: [twx-studio:projectSettings] Failed to read settings from C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\N2_Testing\appConfig.json
 SyntaxError: C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\N2_Testing\appConfig.json: Unexpected token   in JSON at position 0
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at Object.readFileSync (C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\node_modules\jsonfile\index.js:63:17)
    at readSync (C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:242:25)
    at C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:265:38
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at readProjectsSync (C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:260:13)
    at C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:281:17
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at readProjects (C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:280:21)
    at refreshProjects (C:\Users\nicholas.cifelli\AppData\Roaming\VuforiaStudio\CA0639NB07057\dist\server\services\projectSettings.js:288:12)

6 REPLIES 6
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:ncifelli)

Possibly the appConfig file has been corrupted? I would compare it to the app config file from another project and look for malformed json. If there is nothing secret in it share it here and i'll take a look at it.

ncifelli
6-Contributor
(To:jmikesell)

I would if I could actually post it... This forum does not allow me to post it. Error: The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

Picky filters i guess. I would either zip it up or open it in a text editor and copy and paste it into a reply with the "insert code" button.

ncifelli
6-Contributor

I tired to .zip it up this time. Thanks for that idea and I appreciate the assistance.

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

So that file is toast.

My guess for a solution would be to copy the appConfig.json file from another project (pick one with similar settings in terms of Project type: 2D Eyeware, 3D Eyeware, Mobile). Replace your corrupt file with this copy and then open it in a text editor and change the following values to match the project you are in.

"name": "[Project name here]",
  "fileName": "[name of the project folder]",

This should be enough to get the experience to show up on the Studio home page and allow you to open it. Then you can change the rest of the setting from inside Studio. Things like thumbnail image and description.

ncifelli
6-Contributor

Looks like that got my project back in the list, but it won't load (just keeps spinning green circle). Looks like some/all of my other .json files are corrupted as well. Seems like I might have to cut my loses and just redo all my work.

Top Tags