cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Renew access to Thingworx studio

rsingaram
11-Garnet

Renew access to Thingworx studio

Hi 

I am from a PTC reseller company.

I used Thingworx studio last year and now when I try to access it says that trial expired. I sent the details at that page for someone to contact, but no one has so far.

I need to show to a prospect urgently. Is there any other option to get this access? Thanks.

Does PTC technical support can help on this?

- Ravi

8 REPLIES 8
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:rsingaram)

@rsingaram Hello Ravi,  could you please share your Studio portal user ID and Trail Experience Service URL to check internally. It your trial period has expired then I believe you will have to start new Trial instance.

Please share detail and we will get back to you soon.

-Durgesh

My login is same as my PTC login - ravi@cadit.com.sg

As I cannot login to portal, I do not know how to access the Trial  service URL.

Thanks for helping.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram Thank you for sharing the details and I believe you have also logged a PTC case for this on which we will keep you posted.

-Durgesh

Hi all

Thank you for the replies. This issue was resolved by PTC support call team.

But it seems, because I tried to access with expired trial license on my laptop, now I can work (on my  laptop), but cannot publish. Uninstalling google chrome and re-installing did not help.

But my login works including publishing on another laptop where Studio was never used.

- Ravi

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram If I understand correctly, your login issue is resolved however you are not able to publish the project right? Are you publishing the project on your Trial instance and what error you are getting while publishing in UI.

Also, please share the error you get in Studio application logs post doing a project publish.

-Durgesh

Hi 

I have created the experience and going to be presented to the customer soon.

Personally I feel that access studio from different clients seems very messy (for me now). So I am scared not to touch/test anything until the above experience has been demonstrated to customer.

After that I will send the log file. Strangely, I am not sure why every time need to run setup.exe to login, and that login window (containing link to log file) always showing "error". But I ignore this, as I can proceed to create publication (on a new client).

- Ravi

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@rsingaram You just have to open Vuforia Studio application which is already installed to start Studio. There is no need to run installation .EXE file to login.  The reason for errors in Studio logs could be occurrence of error while opening Studio application which gets reported inside the log file. There are few errors & warnings which could be ignored however others need to be reviewed & fixed for successful operation of the application.

-Durgesh

Thanks.. Yes, just now I realized that it is showing as "error occurred" and stays there from first error.

For example, I tried to access thingworx from the experience service url based on the help document saying "

Launch your ThingWorx Composer instance (https://Your experience service URL:8443/Thingworx)".

My experience service URL is https://hzwwdfyk.studio-trial.thingworx.io

So, I tried to access by https://hzwwdfyk.studio-trial.thingworx.io:8443/Thingworx resulting in error.

I have attached the log file herewith ( as of now).

Top Tags