cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Reset spatial tracking?

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Reset spatial tracking?

Hi folks--

We are trying to add a feature that allows the user to tap a button and reset their spatial tracking. In other words, we want them to be able to release the current spatial target and acquire a new one. Imagine a user viewing an experience using a table as a spatial target, and then the user wants to turn around and show the experience on a different table in a different part of the room. We are hoping to avoid having to do a complete reload of the experience, we just want to let them get a new spatial tracking target.

I've tried setting the "tracked" property on the spatial target to "false", and I've also tried generating a "trackinglost" event on the spatial target. Neither approach worked. For now I'm using location.reload() to restart then entire experience, but that's still a heavier type of reset than what I'd like.

What I'd really like is a service on the spatial target to release or reset tracking, so the user can acquire a new spatial target. Is it possible?

--Clay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no current way to achieve this. It is on our road map, but we do not have a timeline set for it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is no current way to achieve this. It is on our road map, but we do not have a timeline set for it. 

OK, thanks for the info.

Top Tags