cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simulating Fluid Flow in Studio Experience

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Simulating Fluid Flow in Studio Experience

Hi,

Is there a way we can simulate a fluid flow in Studio?

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Avinash,

You haven't specified what CFD you are using (if any) but the answer is that yes, you can show fluid flow in AR and we've done a bit of this already:

Augmented Reality (AR) with RMIT Racing: Simulation + AR = Incredible Insights

Overview of Augmented Reality (AR) experiences shown on MMS racecar at NMW 2017

These examples were done using Vuforia Engine, but we have also done some simpler examples in Studio to show animated CFD results from ANSYS and FEA results from Creo Simulate.

You can also show CFD results from the Creo Flow Analysis in AR.  At LiveWorx this year it seemed like all the PTC stands were showing this in some form.  It's easy to get the streamlines out, but the animation effect is obtained by using a custom shader and PTC hasn't shared that yet.  I"m hoping that will change (I've been asking).  You can see more details in this thread here: How to add streamlines from Creo Flow Analysis?

Hope this helps.

Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Avinash,

Can you expand on the type of simulation you are looking for? I don't believe that this is currently possible. 

Hi Avinash,

You haven't specified what CFD you are using (if any) but the answer is that yes, you can show fluid flow in AR and we've done a bit of this already:

Augmented Reality (AR) with RMIT Racing: Simulation + AR = Incredible Insights

Overview of Augmented Reality (AR) experiences shown on MMS racecar at NMW 2017

These examples were done using Vuforia Engine, but we have also done some simpler examples in Studio to show animated CFD results from ANSYS and FEA results from Creo Simulate.

You can also show CFD results from the Creo Flow Analysis in AR.  At LiveWorx this year it seemed like all the PTC stands were showing this in some form.  It's easy to get the streamlines out, but the animation effect is obtained by using a custom shader and PTC hasn't shared that yet.  I"m hoping that will change (I've been asking).  You can see more details in this thread here: How to add streamlines from Creo Flow Analysis?

Hope this helps.

Allan

Top Tags