cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Slideshow of labels and images controlled by end of sequence in HoloLens Experience

jambrose
6-Contributor

Slideshow of labels and images controlled by end of sequence in HoloLens Experience

I have a HoloLens experience built and am trying to display a 3D Labels visibility for 5 seconds controlled by the end of a sequence, then seamlessly control 5 pairs of a 3DLabel and 3DImage that are show together, cycling through each pair for a 5 seconds each. Each pair is a label describing what the image is showing.

2 REPLIES 2

From your explanation I'm guessing that you have a sequence developed in Creo Illustrate that you have the user step through and when they get to the end, you want to play the labels.

You could:

• Add some additional steps to the Illustrate sequence that last for 5 seconds but don't do anything to the geometry (I like to use camera positions as they get ignored in AR) and then use a bit of JS to show the labels when the stepnumber is the one you want.  Downside is that the labels won't play automatically if you've setup the AR to go through the sequence step-by-step using Play rather than Play All.  Maybe you could change this behavior with an if loop (i.e. if I'm at step 7, change the binding of the button from Play to Play All) but I'm not sure how to do this.
  • Write the whole thing in JS using the timer function.  There's an example of using a timer in the tutorials in the help: Use a Timer in JavaScript

I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to do it.  I'm always a big fan of as little JS as possible, but that's because I'm not a coder.

Yes, I built a sequence developed in Creo Illustrate that is set up to play all and ideally would have the labels play out following the sequence.

I will try adding some additional steps to the Illustrate sequence that last for 5 seconds excluding the geometry.

Then use a bit of JS to show the labels when the step number comes up.  Luckily I have set this up for Play All to make a smoother HoloLens experience. 

• Thanks for the example of using a timer: Use a Timer in JavaScript maybe I can gleam what I'm looking for from there even though its for a 2D experience.

I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to do it as well, and also try to use as little JS because I'm not a coder either.

Thank you, I appreciate all your advice!

Best regards,

Jeff

Top Tags