cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Studio On Premise Installation of Experience Server

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Studio On Premise Installation of Experience Server

Hi,

I understand from the install guide that we need Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 Update 1 as pre-requisite Operating System for On Premise Installation of experience server ( Production Usage ).

What about Non-Production/Testing purposes, do we still need Linux OS? or Windows would do? 

Thanks,

Avinash

7 REPLIES 7
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:agangaiah)

Hi Avinash,

We need Linux OS - RHEL or CentOS preferably version 7.1 as of now for On premise ES installation.

ATM, ES windows installer is not available and is something in consideration for future.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

@agangaiah Just wanted to update that we have officially started supporting Windows Server 2016 with 8.3.5

Sitanshu
5-Regular Member

Hi,

Any idea from where can get trail version of Experience Service (On-premises). I am unable to find it anywhere.

Thanks

Sitanshu

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Sitanshu)

@Sitanshu We do not have trial for on-premise Experience Service and only commercial version is available.

-Durgesh

hub2000
5-Regular Member

Hello,

if i take the "classic plan" licensing, i need to host the ES on my own server, in order to be able to distribute Experiences, is this correct?

Is there an additional fee for this experience server software, or it is included in the "classic plan" ?

Hubertus

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:hub2000)

@hub2000 The On premise ES is paid and not sure if that is part of classic plan. If you are interested in understanding Studio pricing then it will be better to connect with PTC Account Representative/Sales team. 

Do let me know if you would like me to connect you with a Sales representative.

-Durgesh

hub2000
5-Regular Member

Hello,

yes, please connect me with a competent Sales person.

because i do not understand the difference between classic and cloud with regards to the point "Cloud database / Images"

Hubertus

Top Tags