cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Symbols in sequence steps in Thingworx publish are not displayed

moosterman
5-Regular Member

Symbols in sequence steps in Thingworx publish are not displayed

Hi all,

We are trying out the Thingworx studio 90 day trial and we have a Question about Creo Illustrate sequence steps with annotations and Symbols in combination with Thingworx

Importing the PVZ model in Thingworx and publishing is going well but when playing the experience (steps/ animation) we don't see any annotations and symbols in the steps that we create in Creo Illustrate 3.1.

None of the used annotations or symbols that are used in the sequence steps are shown.

When I open the used PVZ file in Creo view 3.1 and play the sequence steps it contains all annotations and symbols that I used from the symbol library in Creo Illustrate 3.1.

Can anyone explain what is going wrong in the publish of Thingworx?.

Regards, Michel

9 REPLIES 9

Displaying Creo sequence step names in ThingWorx Studio needs certain steps to follow. I would recommend to follow the article Display sequence step names from Creo Illustrate

Hi Michael,

I have also seen this problem.  It appears to be something to do with how Studio interprets the added symbols.  I created a sequence using some of the 3D arrows to point to the important areas.

What I ended up doing to get it to work was to bring the arrows in to the Illustration SBOM.  When I did it this way, then I could see them in Studio.  I also detected a problem where when I would preview the experience, the arrows would not appear during the animation.  However, in the published experience, they are visible.

Regards,

Allan

moosterman
5-Regular Member
(To:AllanThompson)

Thank you Allan,

It seems that Thingworx is getting confused when steps contains symbols because not all the symbols are shown correct that we added into the Sbom.

All symbols that we used in the sequence are shown in Thingworx on top of the 3D model and all in original scale, even if the are re scaled in Illustrate and they have different colors as in Illustrate. Will do some more testing with different models and symbols.

regards, Michel

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with symbols not showing up in Studio.

how are symbols added to the sbom?

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:JL_18346)

James,

to add symbols to the sbom you need to add them as parts.

Thanks for your response, but it's not clear how to add them as parts.  To clarify, I'd like to add some of the default symbols(hammer, phillps screw driver, etc.)

What worked for me was to create a new illustrate file where I added these symbols.  I then selected "Save Figure As" -> "Save As 3D File", which allows to save the file(s) in an IGES format.  I was then able to import the symbols(IGES data) as parts.

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

You can find the standard symbols representations, that you can bind into the sbom (.ol)

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Illustrate\StandardFiles\Creo Standard\SymbolsLibrary\standard\Shape

BR

martin

Erik25
11-Garnet

hello !

you can import the symbols (.ol-files) directly in your Sbom and you can use it in sequence steps. Store as pvz and import the pvz in studio.

Illustrate default symbols storage path
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ptc\Illustrate\SymbolsLibrary\Shape

Kind Regards,

Erik Schmidt // inray industriesoftware

amitandtv
5-Regular Member
(To:moosterman)

hi @moosterman

did you find a solution to your problem ? I'm having the exact same issue . my symbols and annotations from illustrate don't show up in vuforia studio.

any guidance is much appreciated.

thanks

Top Tags