cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

The "hinge" problem

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

The "hinge" problem

Hi folks--

Has anyone found a way with Thingworx Studio to have a "hinge" animation that works correctly? What I mean by that is, I want to rotate a part around another part or around an edge, the typical example being a door or hatch opening on a hinge.

I can build a beautiful animation of this in Creo Illustrate, and it looks fine in Creo View. But when I pull the same PVZ into Thingworx Studio, the hinge movement gets all weird. In Thingworx, the door or hatch begins in the correct location, and ends up in the correct location, but the rotation isn't right, so the door appears to detach from the hinge, do its rotation in mid-air, and then re-attach when it's done rotating.

I've tried a bunch of things, but nothing seems to work. It's difficult to troubleshoot, because as I mentioned, the animation looks correct in Illustrate and Creo View, but still doesn't work right in Thingworx.

If anyone has been able to make this work, how did you do it? Did you run into the problem I described above? If so, how did you get around it? Thanks.

--Clay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So, it turns out this was some kind of bug. The problem went away after the latest update (1.10). Thanks!

--Clay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What type of device is this being viewed through? Android, iOS or Windows?

If you have access to an iOS device do you experience the same issue?

Hi Marty--

Yes, it occurs on both iOS and Android versions.

--Clay

Another suggestion I have is to make sure you are using the high_optimized model

Have you tried the THINGVIEW setting in the App Settings? If fixed the issue on my use case.

It is only available on iOS so far.

Cheers

Ewerton

Hi Ewerton--

I just tried that, but it didn't make any difference.

--Clay

So, it turns out this was some kind of bug. The problem went away after the latest update (1.10). Thanks!

--Clay

Top Tags