cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx Studio(Version 8.2.3.3224) performance issues

JingMaoCheng
13-Aquamarine

ThingWorx Studio(Version 8.2.3.3224) performance issues

I have upgraded to the latest version of ThingWorx Studio(Version 8.2.3.3224). 

The performance in Chrome is very very slow, compared to earlier releases. 

Can I downgrade to earlier version of TWX Studio?

16 REPLIES 16
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:JingMaoCheng)

@JingMaoCheng Rollback is something not recommended and is complex process available only for MacOS.

Could you please provide more details about the issue which could help debug the exact issue. Are you facing slowness in Spatial Tracking or specific project/experiences?  How long you have to wait on an average for a ThingMark based vs Spatial tracking project.

Any information of fact you can provide before and after upgrade w.r.t timing, project, CAD images would be really useful.

Also, suggest you to log a PTC Support case as it will expedite reviewing of the issue.

-Durgesh

JingMaoCheng
13-Aquamarine
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh,

When I run the ThingWorx Studio in Chrome. The CPU usage is at 67%, and the memory usage is about 3.5GB.  TWX Studio does not work  properly, including rotation, zoom in and other actions. 

JingMaoCheng
13-Aquamarine

Hi Durgesh,

I have restored to previous state(Version 8.2.2). Temporarily resolve the performance issue.

Hello. How can I get back to version 8.2.2? I have the same problem.

Hi Pavelvanin,

Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs List then select "Restore the application to its previous state". Attached you will find the snapshot for your reference.

Thank you very much for your help!
RadovanMíček
14-Alexandrite

Is this issue reported?

Software consultant.

No, since I'm only using a trial version, I cannot open a case.

Kasper2
4-Participant

I have the same problems

I can work for approximately 5 seconds, and then it freezes. It is nearly impossible to work with

arne_vn
6-Contributor
(To:Kasper2)

Try Firefox, it doesn't work as smoothly as chrome, example: i Need to add the model item several times, but at least it doesn't time out as chrome does

arne_vn
6-Contributor

Having the same issue here. Chrome seems to time out. Hope this will get resolved quickly.

Unfortuanetely I have a new installation which means I cannot roll back to a previous release.

Using Firefox works better, although it is not a supported browser.

Hello everybody,

I was able to have the same issues in ThingWorx Studio 8.2 last week.

Today, I have installed Vuforia Studio 8.3.

I am not able to reproduce the problems in my Projects.

I have worked on this subject on a case (I am a Technical Support Engineer in PTC).

This solution works also for the case owner.

I suppose that the root cause is due to rebranding name to ThingWorx to Vuforia.

At PTC, some URLs have been modified about that. 

Can you have a try and come back in this thread, if you still have the issue ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards

Kasper2
4-Participant
(To:sdidier)

After removing ThingWorx Studio and installing Vuforia Studio can I still not publich any projects.

It says "Uh-oh! Publish failed. Check the log for errors." 

I have the exact same projects, the same setup etc, so I have no idea how to fix this.

I need these projects to run ASAP as we are currently testing some AR experiences in a production setup. 

I have also tried to create a new account an exporting the projects, but still with no luck. 

The server issues are starting to become major issues, as this is on-going problems. 

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:Kasper2)

Hello Kasper,

It seems like a different problem as the performance issues related in this thread.

Is it possible to share the log file generated by Vuforia Studio ?

We might be able to find more details about the root cause why publication is failing.

By the way, I suppose that you are using a trial instance of Vuforia Experience Service.

Can you confirm me this point, please?

Best regards

RadovanMíček
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdidier)

8.3.0 is stable and without problem on my notebook.

Thank you PTC.

Software consultant.
arne_vn
6-Contributor

Updated to Vuforia Studio 8.3: stability seems to have been improved (haven't tested it much)

Auto update is disabled, so you must download it yourself on https://studio.vuforia.com/home/ and uninstall previous version

Good luck.

Top Tags