cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThingWorx Studio and Foundation unable to connect

SOLVED

Re: ThingWorx Studio and Foundation unable to connect

Hi @nishad1092,

I apologize for my delayed response. Below is one approach to use local database data in ThingWorx Studio:

• Open ThingWorx Platform, import the desired database extensions downloaded from PTC marketplace and configure it. Below link has a simple example on how to configure the SQL DB with ThingWorx:
  • After the configuration, you can manipulate the local database data by creating services in ThingWorx Platform.
  • Now, you can use this data in ThingWorx Studio by just adding the entities in the external data panel.

Studio doesn't have a mechanism to import data, outside of using ThingWorx. The experience service has a database attached to it, Studio itself doesn't have one.

Hi ytella,

This is very resourceful. I was waiting for the response. I have another query regarding AR, shall I ask here or start another topic, I wana know which all hardware devices supported thingworx AR experience.

Hi @nishad1092,

Glad that I am able to help! I apologize for my delayed response. Could you please provide more details on this request. If you are looking for the supported devices to view the experiences in ThingWorx view app, please refer to the below link for details:

Supported devices and versions for ThingWorx View

If you are planning for a on-premise ThingWorx Experience Service installation, then the Experience Service can be supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linus (RHEL).

hi ytella,

Thanks for the speed response.

I wanted to know TWx has support for other AR eyewears like epson moverio BT-200, or vuzix blade etc? 

or just Hololens support?

And, May i ask what is Thingworx  Experience Service Installation?

Hi @nishad1092,

I see that Eyewear supported device list was answered in this AR Experience thread. 

The experience service for ThingWorx Studio augments ThingWorx core to provide capabilities required by ThingWorx Studio and ThingWorx View. That is, the experience service is used by both ThingWorx studio and ThingWorx View.  When we publish a project in ThingWorx Studio it is stored in experience service. When we scan a ThingMark on ThingWorx view, the view app retrieves the relevant experiences from the experience service.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Yes, It was answered in my other thread. I needed the suggested answer quickly, so posted twice.

I have used the TWx experience via server and composer. Are the features better or different if I install in on-premise, like better database storage ?

Highlighted

Hi Nishad1092, 

It seems to me that you were able to get data into the trail studio composer. I was wondering how you managed to do this. I am able to open the composer but I have no control over any of the settings and cannot add "things". Was this also an issue you faced or did you manage to find a work around this issue? Ultimately, I would like to have live data fed into Vuforia Studio and then view it in Vuforia View. 

Thank you, 

Victor

Hi Victor,

I would be happy to help you out. 

What do you mean by 'you have no control over settings in composer'?

I accessed the composer of the thingworx studio and managed to add the things, added a datashape, a repository and uploaded a csv file, parsed it. and I visualized the data from csv into the Studio using the Data pane feature.

Are you using the trial edition? IS ur server still live ? Because I din face an issue of not able to add a thing. If you could be more clear abt this and attaching some image would help me to support u better.

Regards,

Nishad.

Hi Nishad1092, 

Yes, I am currently using the Trial version of Vuforia studio (formerly named Thingworx studio). Is it possible to do the same things with the trial version? I also have the trial version of Thingworx and I was told I could possibly connect those two. If you know of any way to get around this please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Victor