cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingmark Setup?

ckoenig
1-Newbie

Thingmark Setup?

I've been searching for this answer for the last couple of days, but have not found a solution.

After downloading the trial version of Thinkworx studio, I've ran through all the getting started tutorials. Three demo Thingmarks come with the trial Studio download.

My question: Where can I create new Thingmarks that I can use inside Thingworx studio?  Unless I'm missing something the three Thingmarks that came with the trial only work with the models that came with the trial. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!   Also, is there any way to connect a Vumark (Vuforia) instead of a Thingmark?

Thanks,

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:CeeJ)

@CeeJ  At present, we only provide default ThingMarks available with Studio Trial account. You will not be able to integrate or upload additional ThingMarks in your Studio application however this does not mean you cannot work with new ThingMarks. You will have to take a print or open the ThingMark file to SCAN it with your mobile device and use it.

Also, developer portal is used only for Studio Trial account and will not work with your paid commercial account.

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:ckoenig)

Hello Charlie,

You are partially right. With the trial version you will get only 3 ThingMarks. You cannot add your own at this moment.

However you can build couple of experiences and associate them with one ThingMark. Then on the device you can scan of your ThingMark and pick associated experience, which you previously published.

I believe that there is no way to use Vumark at this moment as well, but I can be wrong.

Regards,

Adam

CeeJ
5-Regular Member
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Hi Adam,

How to embed the ThingMarks provided by PTC to Vuforia Studio? As we wanted to embed our own Experience Service URL also.

Thanks,

CJ

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

Are you talking about the 3 trial ThingMarks or have your purchased a Studio license and received the 100 ThingMarks they typically issue at startup?

CeeJ
5-Regular Member
(To:jmikesell)

Hi, we have purchased the license already and received the 100 ThingMarks, but we cannot embed it on the Vuforia Studio to use or Is it because I have error during configuration with Developer Portal?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@CeeJ  At present, we only provide default ThingMarks available with Studio Trial account. You will not be able to integrate or upload additional ThingMarks in your Studio application however this does not mean you cannot work with new ThingMarks. You will have to take a print or open the ThingMark file to SCAN it with your mobile device and use it.

Also, developer portal is used only for Studio Trial account and will not work with your paid commercial account.

-Durgesh

CeeJ
5-Regular Member
(To:dupatel)

Hi, I got it! Thank you for your response.

There is also a not supported way to add some thingmarks to your Studio installation.

Following steps:

1. - stop studio   2018-06-08_11-12-57.jpg
  2. Copy the addtional thingmarks to the Studio installation Thingmark directory :../Documents/ThingworxStudio/ ThingMarks if you have Thingworxstudio 8.2 or earler. In case that you have 8.3 or higher you have to copy to .../Documents/VuforiaStudio/ThingMarks
  3. open the   .../Documents/ThingworxStudio/ builder-settings.json if you have Thingworxstudio 8.2 or earler. In case that you have 8.3 or higher you have to open .../Documents/VuforiaStudio/ builder-settings.json and add the thingmark in the thingmark section - example:
    "thingmarkDomain": 15614,
      "thingmarks": {
        "svg": {
          "15614:1": "/thingmarks/15614-1.svg",
          "15614:2": "/thingmarks/15614-2.svg",
          "15614:3": "/thingmarks/15614-3.svg",
          "15614:4": "/thingmarks/15614-4.svg",
          "15614:5": "/thingmarks/15614-5.svg",
          "15614:6": "/thingmarks/15614-6.svg",
          "15614:7": "/thingmarks/15614-7.svg",
          "15614:8": "/thingmarks/15614-8.svg",
          "15614:9": "/thingmarks/15614-9.svg",
          "15614:10": "/thingmarks/15614-10.svg"
        },
  4. Because if there is an syntax error the studio will not work with some errors - it is recommended to save first your builder-settings.json file. Pay special attention for the syntax to avoid any errors
  5. Restart Studio so you will be able now to see the thingmarks in your Project - MyThingmarks:2018-06-08_13-59-57.jpg
CeeJ
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi Roland,

I will try this. Thank you. 🙂

Top Tags