cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx view on Microsoft hololens, when/how??

kaerts
5-Regular Member

Thingworx view on Microsoft hololens, when/how??

Hello,

I am in the pilot program, using it on Ipad & Android.... nice.

But i have a Microsoft Hololens, and using this to view my Creo Parametric models.

Now with Creo 4 & ThingWorx Studio, when is Thingworx View available for Hololens??

16 REPLIES 16
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:kaerts)

Hi Aerts,

Thank you for enrolling on Pilot program and sharing your feedback.

Thingworx Studio does not support HoloLens as of today. Unfortunately at this point we don't have a planned date. 

However, Studio does work with Hololens through the SDK. Currently HoloLens SDK is in 'EAP' (internal development term for beta).

Additionally,I will check internally to see if there is any latest information available at this point with which we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Durgesh Patel

bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh,

Any update with information regarding ThingWorx support of HoloLens? Is the EAP available for use in the Pilot program?

Regards,

Brian

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:bwhelan)

Brian Whelan​ :No, EAP is not currently available as part of Pilot Program. Hololens Support Beta is planned for Q2 2017 with Thingworx Studio 1.9 release.

Note: This is forward-looking information which is subject to change without notice and does not imply future commitment.

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Thanks for the information Durgesh

Regards,

Brian

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hi Durgesh,

I saw a video about ThingWorx Studio architecture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwH6j3KuDo&feature=youtu.be

The presenter mentioned that ThingWorx View supports the hololens, could you give us more details about it?

Thanks

Regards

katte
1-Newbie
(To:fguerra)

Felix Guerra​ Appreciate for asking the question

Actually, ATM the Hololens is almost ready-to-use. We are planning to release a beta version sometime in the early May and the official release would be in June. We'll keep you posted on the updates.

-Giri

ploney
7-Bedrock
(To:katte)

I am in the Thingworx Studio Beta and need access to the Hololens View application ASAP

I will even take a stab at a beta version.

Please contact me for early access and or an update on the release date giri, thanks in advance....

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

Any news on the release of the feature to use Studio experiences with Hololens?

Regards

Felix

katte
1-Newbie
(To:fguerra)

Creating Experiences for Hololens shall be provided with ThingWorx Studio 8.0 release (i.e., upcoming release). On the question of 'how', we'll be adding a sample project that would act a learning exercise.

Note: ThingWorx Studio 8.0 will be the successor of ThingWorx Studio 1.12.

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:vkrayushkin)

Hi Vladimir, thank you for the video did you used studio for the experience or the Vuforia SDK?

Giri, could you clarify about TWX Studio 8.0? from what I know the latest release is 1.12 so is not clear.

Is there a date for this? in previous post you mentioned early may and june.

Regards

Hi Felix

As a partner of PTC (LLC PTS, Moscow, Russian Federation, http://pts-russia.com) I am using TWX Studio (Pilot).

We are using it because we are deploying Thingworx as a IoT/IIoT platform, industrial platform. It means we prefer TWx Studio as a tool for CAD model working and TWx interface for AR scenes development instead of Unity 3D and Vuforia SDK. Many of our customers are asking about HUD / Google glass / Hololense / EPSON Moverio or something else as a field equipment for TWx View: It could free hands of technicians for better operationf in the proposal implementation. But we cannot advise such eyeswear in the case of Studio because we neither have official confirmation from PTC nor get pilot trainings or templates.

LizPurdy
13-Aquamarine
(To:vkrayushkin)

Vladimir,

Support for Hololens is included in ThingWorx Studio and View as of the 8.0.1 release, which is available now.  As you are participating in the trial program, you have access to the 8.0.1 release.

-Liz

Hi Liz!

OK

We used HoloLens during our national Main Industrial Forum INNOPROM-2017 ( Official press release of INNOPROM-2017 ) our company demonstrated AR  powered by ThingWorx Studio with help both iPAD and MS HoloLens:   ПТС на Международной промышленной выставке ИННОПРОМ'17 - ПТС - Официальный дистрибьютор Creo, Windchill, Mathcad, Vericu…

We cannot agreed with Russian office of Microsoft about using of HoloLens and we rented one week HoloLens in small  Moscow advertising company. The two reasons of that situation: (first) incredible high price of the glass and (second) absence it in official sale now.

What about Android RealWear HMT-1 instead of MS HoloLens? We can see demo using of this more suitable devise (from $$$ and OS point of views) since January'2017 (  IIoT Data Visualization with PTC Thingworx, OSIsoft and National Instruments - YouTube )  while official PTC info about eyewear utilization for ThingWorx Studio - the MA HoloLens only. Does anybody know about Android eyewear device(s) implementation or plans for it regarding ThingWorx Studio?

-Vladimir.

Vladimir,

You can use Thingworx View on the Realwear HMT-1 today.  The HMT-1 runs android so you can load View on it from the Google Play store.  When you build a project in Studio, use a mobile project and those will work on the HMT-1.  You'll likely need to use CSS to scale up some of the 2d UI widgets so that the user can see them due to the small size of the monocle on the HMT-1.

Thanks, Rusty!

Now we need to find Realwear HMT-1 local dealer for getting experience and start AR from PTC promotion/

Top Tags