cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Vuforia Trial - Windows Defender blocking me from installing trial version

Skytown_Drifts
1-Newbie

Vuforia Trial - Windows Defender blocking me from installing trial version

Hi there

This is a weird problem. Basically I downloaded the setup.exe for the Vuforia trial version and I cannot install the program as Windows Defender views the program as a threat. I've tried disabling Windows Defender, adding an exception and even trying to install the program through Command Prompt and I've had no such luck. Every attempt and this image surfaces.

Typing in the URL in the image prompts me with a login that refuses to recognise my credentials, even though I have a login. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've had this issue from time to time on my machine.

As @dupatel said, you need to ensure that the studio-download.vuforia.io site is in your trusted sites list.  Depending on your IT setup, this might be controlled centrally.  If you've got admin rights on your machine, then you can edit the registry to change the setting as outlined in this post: Unable to Install ClickOnce Application due to Security Settings (Windows 10)

Hope this helps.

Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Skytown_Drifts  Which windows version are you using ? Vuforia Trial installer basically downloads required files from internet reaching out to studio-download.vuforia.io.  You will have to  make sure the URL -  studio-download.vuforia.io is trusted and files are allowed to be downloaded by your security/firewall setting.

-Durgesh

I've had this issue from time to time on my machine.

As @dupatel said, you need to ensure that the studio-download.vuforia.io site is in your trusted sites list.  Depending on your IT setup, this might be controlled centrally.  If you've got admin rights on your machine, then you can edit the registry to change the setting as outlined in this post: Unable to Install ClickOnce Application due to Security Settings (Windows 10)

Hope this helps.

Allan

Top Tags