cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Vuforia View local experience server does not work on surface pro 4

Jmager
1-Newbie

Vuforia View local experience server does not work on surface pro 4

When trying to access a local experience server we have been unable to do so using a Surface Pro 4. When we do this on android, iPad, and iPhone we are able to do so.

9 REPLIES 9
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:Jmager)

Could you please share the Vuforia View log file to track the issue. Please review the below steps to find the view log files:

• Navigate to C:\Users\{userName}\AppData\Local\Packages\9CAFC431.VuforiaViewEnterprise_fvvfpfxfdh1zr\LocalState\
  • File is named log<date>.text

Also, please share the error message displayed on the device when viewing the experience from Vuforia View app.

Thank you!

Jmager
1-Newbie
(To:ytella)

Attached is the requested log as for errors we are not getting any, just a network currently unavailable.

Thank you

ytella
17-Peridot

Thank you for sharing the log files! The same error message 'Network Not available Exception' is captured in the view log files. Could you please review the wifi settings on your surface pro to ensure it can access the Internet. Please key in the ES URL in the below format into the device browser and let me know if you are able to access it.

http(s)://<es-url-hostname>:<port>/ExperienceService

Thank you!

Jmager
1-Newbie

I have verified that I am able hit the server
ytella
17-Peridot

Thank you for confirming! Could you also please confirm if the same issue is observed with the ThingMark based projects.

Jmager
1-Newbie

How do I confirm that?
ytella
17-Peridot

Please review the steps given in the below link to create a ThingMark project. 

http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2FBeginner_CreateAndPublish.html%23

After publishing the project to your Experience Service, scan the ThingMark using Vuforia View on the Surface Pro. Please let me know if you are able to access the experience. Also, could you please try to access the experience in public/home network and let me know if it worked. 

Thank you!

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi @Jmager , I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to access the experience on surface pro 4. If you have further questions/issues, please advise on your current status. Thank you!

Jmager
1-Newbie

Unfortunately not. I have gotten in touch with someone directly at PTC, we will work through them when our server gets back in house.

Thank you for your time
Top Tags