cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Vuforia with thingworx

FireNoodles1
2-Guest

Vuforia with thingworx

Hi! 

I have built a vuforia studio app that's using ThingWorx services... The app have an authentication view that communicates with ThingWorx to verify the user credentials... It works great, however when I try to use the app in offline view it no longer works, like the ThingWorx services are not connected

I know I said that it happens when in offline mode but what I mean is that I'm downloading it to an iPad but it's still connected to the network

I will appreciate any help

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @FireNoodles1 

Downloaded experiences are meant for offline use as all content is local to your device. No external calls are being made to the Experience Service or ThingWorx while viewing a downloaded experience. After opening a downloaded experience, a message is displayed briefly noting that live data will not be available.

offline.jpg

What is your use case for having the experience downloaded rather than viewing it from the Experience Service? 

Hi @tmccombie  thanks for replying

I see... Then I'll have to discard the offline view.

I was trying to download the experience because of some 3D animations that I have, some of then take too long to download and that's causing animation errors (several models disappear during runtime)  

Regards.

Top Tags