Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.3

Re: What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.3

I just starting building an experience in 8.3.3 and loss of highlighting the 3D on tree select and picking items in 3D that @AllanThompson mentioned is a real problem.

If you use modelItems I would not upgrade to this version and wait for this to be fixed.

I have confirmed with our development team that this is a known bug and will be fixed in the upcoming 8.3.4 release.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with Windows devices not showing the camera? We are having an issue as we are needing to demonstrate Vuforia from a Windows device.

I just tried an experience on a Surface Pro 3 with View 83.3.478.0 and it worked without problems.

I'm using a Dell M4800, it used to work with the old version and now it doesn't.

@tmccombie So i thought one of the uses for the "Apply sequence at design time" would be to allow easy picking of model items. As in you can set your model to an exploded state, apply it in design and then create all your modelItems and switch back to the default state.

It seems that when you create the modelItems in this applied state they take their position from where they are in 3D at creation time. Which means you can never go back to that unexploded state. It also really messes up any sequences you have as the items will be in this wrong position until they first time they are moved in the sequence and then will jump to their correct initial position and move as defined in the sequence.

The take away here is: Do not create model items in an applied sequence state!

If anyone knows a way to reset like 100 model items positions please let me know. Smiley Sad

I've just updated to 8.3.4 and can confirm that the problem with highlighting of model items is fixed

Perfect timing on this release, i was minutes away from redoing hours worth of work.

8.3.4 provides a fix for the mode item problem I was having. Prior to 8.3.3 you could get a modelitem to "refresh" it's coordinates, as in set them back to what they are in the assembly by typing a "/" after the occurrence ID. This was not working in 8.3.3. but it is now working again in 8.3.4.

Here is the procedure. Simply select your modelItem and add a slash "/" at the end of the occurrence ID. As soon as you type this you should see the coordinates update. You can then delete the slash and the coordinates will remain. I'm not sure what will happen if you leave the slash on the end.

2018-09-24 09_56_51-.png2018-09-24 09_57_10-.png

Before anyone mentions that I could have just typed in 0 for "z", this was a bad example. Most of my items have non-zero values for the correct coordinates.