Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grouping the model items into single item in thingworx studio

Level 1

grouping the model items into single item in thingworx studio

Is there any way to group 2 or more model Items into single items. so that the 2 or more parts will act as single part. if not possible how can i achieve ?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Re: grouping the model items into single item in thingworx studio

Hello, Prasad Reddy.

I've asked our ThingWorx Studio engineers to look into your question. You should be hearing something more detailed soon.

-- Craig A.

Hi, check this thread for the case opened requesting that functionality.

How do I set the origin of scaling a 3D model

It would be great if we can get this soon, it would definitely speed up authoring of more complex experiences.

Highlighted

Hi Prasad,

in fact your case could most likely be addressed by

1. re-arranging the assembly structure in CreoIllustrate so that the components that you want to move together are in one parent assembly node
  2. Create a ModelItem for this parent node. You may not be able to directly pick it but only select one of its childs but then you can change/shorten the component path attribute value to get to the common parent assembly.

I hope this answer was detailed enough!

Cheers, moritz

Hi Moritz von Hasselbach,

Thanks for the kind reply, is there any trial version available for the Creo illustrate to work on ? if yes please share the link. i have gone through the whole PTC site for trial version but I am not able to get it. it will be helpful if I can get the trial version

Is this feature coming still? I think it is a good way of being able to group items in 3D so that when I scale and rotate a model the labels can move with it. I could then also center the model where I want to so it will scale and rotate around the point I want it to.

yes it is - use creo illustrate for that -

depending on your model structure / data quality you can already do that by modifying the occurence id of that model item - but you can check back in a tool like illustrate / or creo view.