cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

unble to install 30 day free trial version of Vuforia studio in my laptop with following error log

spb
4-Participant
4-Participant

unble to install 30 day free trial version of Vuforia studio in my laptop with following error log

Please find the attached log file 

kindly help

4 REPLIES 4
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:spb)

@spb Could you please confirm the OS on which you are trying to install the Vuforia Studio application? Also, are you able to get a installer file by directly opening URL in browser -

https://studio-download.vuforia.io/downloads/Studio.application

-Durgesh

spb
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Please find the attachment of my system information.

This installer is getting installed in another laptop which has 4gb ram and win 7 pro OS

I need this to be installed in my present laptop for exploring

I even upgraded my java version to Java 8 upd 191 (64-bit)

What I understand from the log is that it seems to recognise my laptop as 3 bit NT??? what I know is that my laptop is 64 bit, is this because of the OS version being home edition??

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:spb)

@spb There should not be an issue using Win 10 OS.

Delete the files under <Username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ and re-install the studio exe file. The AppData directory is an hidden directory, make sure to enable 'view hidden files' windows configuration .

Note: Right click the installer .exe and do Run as Administrator.

Also, review the existing post for suggestions which worked https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/Error-Installing-the-Thingworx-Studio/m-p/503579

-Durgesh

spb
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Hello dupatel,

Thanks for helping me.

I tried everything and the link that you shared for similar issues also been tried and doesn't work,

And there is no Apps folder in the "<Username>\AppData\Local" location.

Please look at installation log which states:

ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of https://studio-download.vuforia.io/downloads/Studio.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [10/29/2018 12:26:52 PM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
  - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)
   at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore()
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
   at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.

Top Tags