cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

2 ProE Sessions

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

2 ProE Sessions

I am having a bit of a wierd issue here. I have just a few Engineers that when they open two separate sessions (2 licenses), the second session isn't able to open anything.

The session will pull a license just fine and start up, but anytime you try to open an assembly, drawing, or anything it fails. It will say cannot retrieve file in the top left and just do nothing. The first session will continue to work just fine. However, if I open two sessions I can open everything just fine. There is nothing different between their setup and mine. Using the same licenses from the same server, same config.pro, same everything that I know of.

Can anyone provide some insight or direction here?

Wildfire 5, M080 and pulling files from Windchill ProductPoint.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Erik...

No real solutions here but I would suggest this has something to do with ProductPoint. Then again this is a wild guess. To help narrow down the problem, try this... backup some files to the users' local hard drive. In the second session, try opening files not from ProductPoint. Do the files open if they're not associated with PP? If so, you know where to narrow your search for the problem... if they still do not open at least you're ruled out the Product Point angle.

Sorry I couldn't offer more. Sometimes trying to isolate the problem at least helps get you to a solution faster... or helps PTC customer support get you to a solution faster.

Thanks!

-Brian

Well... Went to try this and the second session is already working just fine. Yesterday and earlier this morning I tried it on 3 different peoples machines and none of them would open anything with the 2nd session. Now it seems to have remedied itself...

I will keep this step in mind for the next time this happens. Seeing as I didn't change anything I'm sure it will pop back up.

Thanks.

Sounds like there was a system regen that left a file hanging somewhere before the regen. You might have had some data in cache that was required.

Top Tags