cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

2D drawing issue

R-pandit123
4-Participant

2D drawing issue

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.4.0

After importing a sketch (DXF file) into a drawing, Creo performance (zoom, pan) drops drastically.

2 REPLIES 2

This is probably because the DXF file imported contains a large number of drawing entities (lines, arcs). I've tried to use DXF files as "input" for designs, like customer layouts of their facility or machines, but have found it impossible to work with the data. Thousands of lines that are fine for a dumb data file, but when I try to use them in a sketch, Creo adds dimensions for every entity, which results in a very slow and useless file.

I have found that it's more manageable to just extract the info I need from the DXF and move on from there.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:R-pandit123)

If you are trying to import directly in to a sketch and the DXF has a lot of lines/arcs etc. it is likely to be bad.

If you import in the DXF in to a part using Get Data - Import. You "may" have better performance, maybe.

Top Tags