cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

2d_palette_path config not working

ZC_10909252
6-Contributor

2d_palette_path config not working

I set the 2d_palette_path in my config.pro to a location on Windchill (also tried desktop) and the path is not changing. The sketcher palette is still only showing the symbols located in the ptc directory\Common Files\text\sketcher_palette

this is an example of what i am putting in the config.pro

2d_palette_path C:\Users\username\Desktop

What am I missing? Why doesn't the path or symbols that are available changing as expected?

ZC_10909252_0-1710944090598.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ZC_10909252 wrote:

I am on Creo 9.0.3. Regardless I tried that option too with no success

The support page says to use  2d_palette_path

Hi,

please play attached video.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ZC_10909252)

Did you restart Creo after adding the path?

I think paths are loaded at the beginning and not updated during a session.

ZC_10909252
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

yes multiple times, The path is correct in the config options editor.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

There are multiple options for palette, I don' know which one does what or if they are creo version specific.

For sketcher palette (which is what yours likes like) i'm on Creo 6.

sketcher_palette_path   is the option I use

ZC_10909252
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

@ZC_10909252 wrote:

Hi,

please play attached video.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the video. I was able to get a new tab when the path was set to my desktop but I need in Windchill. 

The path I am trying to set it to is wtpub://servername/Libraries/Template Library/Sketcher Pallet

Inside that path I have a folder called "electrical devices" that contains all my .sec files

The only difference I can see is that when it was on desktop i could see the ".1" of the creo versioned file. But I'd be surprised if that was the issue. 

Do spaces matter for the location? I dont have this problem for other options pointed to windchill directories. 

@ZC_10909252 wrote:

Thanks for the video. I was able to get a new tab when the path was set to my desktop but I need in Windchill. 

The path I am trying to set it to is wtpub://servername/Libraries/Template Library/Sketcher Pallet

Inside that path I have a folder called "electrical devices" that contains all my .sec files

The only difference I can see is that when it was on desktop i could see the ".1" of the creo versioned file. But I'd be surprised if that was the issue. 

Do spaces matter for the location? I dont have this problem for other options pointed to windchill directories. 

Hi,

I am sorry I cannot help you because I do not use Windchill. Try asking PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Another possibility is you have more than one config and the setting it overwritten before it ever takes effect.

Or it is set in the config.sup and is not changeable.

You can see which configs are loaded with the drop down arrow and review each.

Also, make sure you are using a full path

I'm out of other ideas.

StephenW_0-1710947564680.png

Top Tags