cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

3.0 back to 2.0

ptc-1856114
1-Newbie

3.0 back to 2.0

Hello, I need a few files in Wildfire 3.0 to be saved back to Wildfire 2.0. Is there any way to do this, or any software that can do this? I have not been able to find anyway of doing it. Saving a step or something similar and opening in 2.0 is not an option as each model I need to do this to has about a hundred family table instances I need to go with the model. Thanks. -Ryan
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12

Try the GCRI plug-in. There is a link for it under Resource Center>Free Downloads. The link is on the left called GCRI Downloads.

Okay I downloaded that and put it in the same folder as all my other .dll files, but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Okay, ignore my last post. I have it downloaded, in the right folder and have all the correct config settings in both of my config files per the pdf accompanying the file. When I go to File in 2.0 I have the associative topology bus menu, but am still not able to open a 3.0 model. When I open 2.0 I get this error: The application or DLL u:\wildfire\readnewermodels.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. [/img]

I'm sorry to triple post, but now I got it to work, but it can only open the generic model and does not bring the family table with.

I had this working from WF4 to WF3 but when I tried it in WF2 it didn't work. So far you've gotten farther than I have opening models in WF2.
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Kevin2010)

I finally got the *.dll to work for WF2. To open the instances you need to create accelerator files (*.xpr for parts and *.xpa for assmeblies). The command is under File>Instance Operations>Accelerator Files. When you try to open the generic part in WF2 it will then give you a list of instances to select to open. If you are wanting to make changes to the model such as adding features I would make them to the generic instance. You can then graft those changes on the original model. The other thing that was mentioned was to use File>Backup WF2 to save the changes to a different directory than the master model.
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Kevin)

Adding to my previous post: In WF2 you can make the changes to the instances and use File>Backup to save the model to a different location. In Wf3 graft the features onto the instance(s) you changed and save the model(s). Open up the generic and check your family table. The changes you made to the instances should be reflected in the family table. You can resume the features on the gemeric if you need to add dimensions that you want to change.

Okay that works for me too. Here is my problem though. I need to be able to open my generic model, with the family table in it so that I can make accelerator files of all the instances from 2.0. A person I work with uses the accelerator files and when I make them from 2.0 they work fine for her, but when I make them in 3.0 they do not seem to be compatible with her software. I suppose I could just open them all up and save them in 2.0, but right now I am looking at about 300 models with even more than that down the road, so I am looking for a better solution.

How complicated is the generic? I think the only way to do what you want is to remodel the generic and set up the family table columns in WF2 and then import an exported family table (*.ptd) from WF3.

Okay. I don't know if that is an option really. It is an assembly with a bunch of family tabled assemblies inside of it. Well if it can't be done it can't be done. I guess I will have some busy work for the new guy!

If all you are going to do is include or exclude components you can probably do it. You will need to use the accelerator files for assemblies and parts that have instances and export the family table as a text file. You would then set up a new family table in WF2 with the same columns as the tables in WF3 and import the table (*.ptd) files into WF2.

Okay, I will give it a try. I will let you know if it works when I get there. It might be a couple of days, I had some other higher priority work come up. Thanks for your help!
Top Tags