cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Adding Terrain Cross Section to Creo 2 drawing

ptc-5470038
1-Newbie

Adding Terrain Cross Section to Creo 2 drawing

Hello,

Part of what I do involves preparing general arrangement drawings for my company's product at installation sites. What i currently do is I use use lines, splines, points and rectangles in the a drawing file to represent the cross sections of terrain (the earth surrounding a pit, the cement surrounding a pool, etc.). I was wondering, is there a way to draw these features more precisely besides drawing lines and points to represent the cross section of the ground at an installation site?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

I would suggest any manageable curve element in a drawing be created in model sketches.

This allows full control and parametric relations. These sketches can also serve to make templates for your sketch palette.

If these curve elements are to complex to do as model sketches, you can also export them as DXF. You can open a DXF as a part file removing any of the parametric control and become simple static curve elements.

You can incorporate these models into drawings as additional models, or into assemblies. Layer management can turn on and off these models by view as needed.

Top Tags