cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Advanced Rendering Extension Cost

SamWorthington
11-Garnet

Advanced Rendering Extension Cost

How do PTC justify the $1,415 per year list price for ARX, when a perpetual licence of Keyshot HD is a shade under $1000?

4 REPLIES 4

Simple, they don't want to sell it except to the very integrated people who have money to burn.

Don't forget the annual maintenance on the extension.  Over time, it will cost you well over $10K.

There are much better rendering packages out there for most of us. 

I cannot get clients to pay that much up front for a contract.

They are more than happy to let me work with their rendering S/W, which is also not PTC.

A while back I hoped PTC would incorporate a link to POV-Ray; now I've shifted to Blender, which has a hugely active user and developer community.

I had a look at blender but it was all bit too much work for my needs. Perhaps if it had a Creo pluggin it would be good. However, the .obj import didn't seem ideal and having to re-import the model and re-assign materials with each change can get time consuming.

I don't need anything spectacular, just reasonable rendering without too much effort, or cost.

Sam

I suppose the problem is there is no one who wants to develop a product for that niche.

Top Tags