cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Another "Fatal Error Encounterd... traceback has been written..." when saving an assembly in workspace

gchapman
1-Newbie

Another "Fatal Error Encounterd... traceback has been written..." when saving an assembly in workspace

Using Creo 2.0 M110, one of my users attempted to save an assembly model in his workspace, Creo crashed and now he is unable to launch Creo - I searched this forum and have done the fix suggested several years ago involving adding "enable_opengl_fbo no" to the config file, still unable to launch Creo.  I have attached the traceback log - any thoughts on restoring Creo?

3 REPLIES 3

We had a period where we were receiving this error daily.  Even created a forum topic for it:

Fatal Error - Traceback log

We ended up opening up a ticket as we were still on maintenance.  If you've saved the logs, I'd suggest sending them to tech support.  We were never able to fully diagnose the issue fully, but were given a lot of things to try that weren't in the forums.  Since migrating to Creo 3, the issue has no yet reoccurred.   

Thanks Mike, we'll be migrating to Creo 3 soon, so hopefully will solve the issue

mender
6-Contributor
(To:gchapman)

Contacting Tech Support and filing an SPR is definitely recommended here.  It is even possible to file an SPR against a crash where you cannot share the data (or even reproduce the crash), if you can provide the traceback.log.  Caveat, it is significantly more likely that we'll figure out something useful if we do have the data, and can support secure storage for ITAR/NDA, so it is better to provide the data if you can.

Top Tags