cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Anyone ever see the regen endless loop?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Anyone ever see the regen endless loop?

I had a couple of assemblies in open windows; one of the assemblies had managed to mark as modified a few parts, so when it was saved it marked them as modified in the workspace. I selected them to 'Add' and to 'Download'. Then I went to Advanced and removed all the related junk (the other drawings they appear in that 'Add' defaults to adding)

Windchill download them and Creo asks to update them in memory. I think I said 'no' the second time. Either way, Creo starts regenerating the other assembly, gets to some point, fails the regen, and then restarts the regen of the assembly that isn't related to the items I just downloaded. Selecting 'Quit' on the regen is ignored; it just restarts the regen.

I'll see what happens if I set the config REGEN_FAILURE_HANDLING to just fail and stop when there is a regen fail instead of the default of hiding regen problems. It may also be related to enable_auto_regen.

The assembly looks to have a lot of problems otherwise, but an endless loop regen on when it wasn't the active window, and had no parts being updated is annoying.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags