this question is about automatic "load" of bump, texture and decal when appearance is applied. l made a order in my appearances library and AFTERWARDS l discovered that, there is some system in appearances and relevant bump, color texture and decals. Because my stopped work after renaming and global_appearance_file config change.
QUESTION: What system does it wotk?
IDEA 1: "File name system"
- files with little different names --- all saved in one directory (global_appearance_file)
- color name - adv_steel_galvanized
- bump name - adv_steel_galvanized_bump
- texture name - adv_steel_galvanized_texture
- decal_name - adv_steel_galvanized_decal
IDEA 2: "Hard save when it´s done"
- create an appearance and apply bump, texture or decal.
- than save it (don´t care about files name ---> appearnce adv_steel_galvanized include a bumb with file name scratch)
IDEA 3: "Other solution"
- do you have any other praxis or idea ?
I hope here is many render profi guys and somebody can help.
This question is targeted to Vladimir Palfy a big fan of renders and unofficial PTC community render guru... best regards
Thanks for any ideas
The bump and texture work in pairs. The decal is somewhat of a stand alone.
Otherwise, yes, managing larger libraries is never fun when it comes to naming. You end up with 10 types of "steel" and non of the definitions in a filename is of any real help. In my catalog, they might as well be STEEL01 through STEEL10. But you do need to keep the pair organized so you know which is which.
l think IDEA1 is the best way. And numbering (01,02...09,10...) is also a basic for making library. Could you give me an example how do you order appearances and relevant bump?
- steel_01 + steel_01_bump OR steel_01 + steel_01bump (NOTE: difference is in "_" before the word bump)