cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Automate MathCAD Installation?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Automate MathCAD Installation?

Is it possible to automate the MathCAD installation much like you can with Pro/ENGINEER.

Ex:

setup –uilog install.txt

And

setup –ptcsetup –uitrail install.txt

Patrick Williams | Sr. Application Engineer | Engineering Systems | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078
1 REPLY 1

Hi

In the past I tried using the "SilentInstall.bat" included with Mathcad's media. It includes instructions about entering license servers, serial no., etc - though you may also have to install other components (eg: Dot NET, etc...)

After testing this and having issues,I decided to just package up the media via NSIS and have users click through the standard installer - at least it ensures all components are properly installed. The great thing about Pro/E in the past has been the ability to simply copy files in place and run it straight away.

If you want more details, let me know.

It would be great if PTC improved this area of both Mathcad and Pro/E... I've just created a new Autocad 2010 deployment, and it was pretty simple to put together a custom package using their tools (just work through a dialog + pick all your options, it packages all the files required).

Regards
Edwin Muirhead

In Reply to Patrick Williams:

Is it possible to automate the MathCAD installation much like you can with Pro/ENGINEER.

Ex:

setup –uilog install.txt

And

setup –ptcsetup –uitrail install.txt

Patrick Williams | Sr. Application Engineer | Engineering Systems | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078
Top Tags