cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Best practice for copying cable

mjclarke
1-Newbie

Best practice for copying cable

I want to make a copy of a cable, including the drawing, flat pattern, manufacturing models, the upper level assembly and its drawing.

What is the best way to do this without PDM of any kind?

I have tried backing up from the server to a local directory and renaming after I get everything in session, but for some reason there is a dependency to the former dash number. The really weird thing is, it will bring in the old dash number from the server when running a config.pro with no search paths.

I also tried to do a "save-as" at the assembly level and that copies the drawings but not the cable flat pattern and manufacturing models.

I am trying to avoid having to re-do the flat pattern.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags