cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Black Workspace

dradakovic
7-Bedrock

Black Workspace

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Creo (any version). It installs correctly, received the license successfully , but when I start Creo (at the moment it's Creo 5.0 Student) it opens with a black workspace. I can open files, start new files, but the workspace is black and there's nothing showing in it, hence Creo is unusable. Until the latest update of my NVidia, everything was working fine. After that update Creo is unusable. I have tried rolling back to the previous version of the driver, installing older drivers... Now it's the same with any driver - Creo always opens with a black workspace. Did anyone have such a problem, please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dradakovic)

Do you by chance have the VLC video player installed?

dradakovic
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

I have VLC player installed. I uninstalled it but still the same black workspace. Looks like VLC player has no impact.

Hi,

try following:

1.] add following option at the end of config.pro file

graphics  win32_gdi

2.] remove PTC sub-directory in your %APPDATA% directory

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak Thank you, I can see my workspace again. But there is a drawback. When working with multiple part assemblies, the graphics is rather slow. The colors are darker than before. Spinning the assembly is really slow. Even creating a new part in assembly mode takes a lot of time.

How can I restore the functionality without downgrading the graphics display (I suppose that the "graphics win32_gdi" downgrades the display)?

Hi,

you are right graphics win32_gdi option downgrades the display. This setting is used for testing purposes, only. In your case it tells you that the problem is related to graphic card drivers. So ... you have to find the right drivers and install them.

NOTE: If your computer is a notebook then you must use drivers provided by notebook manufacturer !

Martin Hanák
Top Tags