cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CHECKOUT, CHECKIN all instances at the same time

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

CHECKOUT, CHECKIN all instances at the same time

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way when:

- if i check out a generic automatic to checkout all instances or the option to be set to Check Out the entire family table

- if i checkout an instance to checkout generic and all instances automatic not only the instance choosed and generic

- if i check in a generic to checkin allso the instances

- if i check in an instance to check in all generic and instances

Thx,

CC

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

If you open the Generic (not necessary to check out) and edit the parameters, the generic and the family table members will be checked out. If you manually check out even one family table member, this doesn't work - so just let Pro/E Creo do all the work.

For checking in with Windchill, there's a button in the checkin window labeled Family Table, and it will add the necessary family table members for any Generic model you place a check-mark by. Since the checkin window doesn't care if you select non-family table items as well, I usually pick the top box that adds a check mark for everything.

In our projects generic is not assembled at all (only instances). Usually the users don't modify generic. They modify the instance. ProE gives you a message Check out for Generic and the instance that is changed.

The user use default option Check Out instead to change this one to Check out the entire family table. They woul like if there is an option default for teh generic to be Check out the entire family table.

The Generic holds all the information that is seen in the Instances, so the users always change the Generic when they change an Instance, whether that is the model window they are working in or not.

I hold the opinion that every part (Generic and Instance) of a family table should have the same version and iteration; that you shouldn't be able to independently check out instances, because it is all one piece. PTC hasn't offered this ability. (WF5/WC 9x)

If it is important to have them independent, then I go with inheritance from a single item so the derived parts can be independent of each other. The base part provides a common structure, and the parts that inherit that structure cannot affect each other.

Top Tags