cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CREO 2 and config.win

StephenW
23-Emerald II

CREO 2 and config.win

I was cleaning out some of the typical trash files from my pro/e startup folder yesterday and I deleted my config.win. I ASSUMED that nothing was in the config.win anymore since we now use creo_parametric_customization.ui

Well, when I started Creo this morning, I noticed my one and only custom icon for my quick save mapkey was now a nice yellow smiley face happily smirking at me. So, I was simply able to restore my config.win from the awesome recycle bin and my lovely custom quick save icon was back in all it's glory.

What else is still stored in the config.win? Should icon definitions be stored in the config.win? Is this just legacy stuff because I didn't redefine my icon with the advent of Creo?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

OMG, so that’s where my custom icons went! That is a great find, actually its silly we needed to find it in the first place. I, too thought the config.win was obsolete.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Thanks Terry. I had done that copy-paste in 2 sessions trick years ago to merge someone else’s custom icons and I had forgotten about it.

Once I copied the icon out in WF 5, I was able to paste it in to Creo 2. I pretty sure I could have done this in 2 sessions of creo 2 but I haven’t launch WF5 in more than I year, I thought I would give it a try anyway, just for fun.

I checked my startup folder (where I have my creo_parametric_customization.ui, thanks to David Haigh’s instructions) and it now has an updated creo_parametric_customization.ui, which is where I would expect the customizations to be saved…duh!!!

cprice
6-Contributor

that's pretty cool except - 2 sessions = 2 licenses - that's not cool when there is only 1 license to access

Charlie Price
Strategic Technical Services LLC
Phone 330.887.9295 Desk/Mobile/FAX
Main 888.479.1566x127
charlie.price@stechservices.com
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Yes sir. I don't know how to get the info from one to the other without 2 licenses.
If you have PTC maintenance, I bet you can get PTC to do it for you.

Steve
TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you are running a node-locked license you can run unlimited sessions on that one computer. License support can convert a floating license to a node-locked license if you need them to.

Tom U.
mlocascio
4-Participant

Steve,

What does that tell you? I would then assume that there IS a config.win file
that stores those settings.

Mike L.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In this case, the config.win is support for legacy. It is not a required file but it actually facilitated getting my one custom made icon from WF5 to Creo 2.0. It was a good thing. I just didn't know I was still using it till I removed it.

If you define a new icon or do some other screen customization today, it is stored in the creo_parametric_customization.ui file.

Top Tags