cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CREO 3.0 -- how to get rid of version control?

cgherghe-2
8-Gravel

CREO 3.0 -- how to get rid of version control?

Hello all,

Is there an option in config.pro to disable version control in CREO? Or a setting in Options?

Whenever I try to open a part that has the same name with another part in a different location, CREO 3.0 prevents me from doing that. The only way to get around it is to shut down CREO and start again, which is extremely annoying and time consuming. The error I get is in the picture below.

Thank you, Colin.

Error.Version.Conflict_02.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgherghe-2)

This is no version control in Creo. This is a model you have "in memory" and you are trying to open the same model.

You can erase the part from memory by using the ERASE NOT DISPLAYED command under FILE - MANAGE SESSION or if you have the part open, you can use the ERASE CURRENT in the same location.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

This is no version control in Creo. This is a model you have "in memory" and you are trying to open the same model.

You can erase the part from memory by using the ERASE NOT DISPLAYED command under FILE - MANAGE SESSION or if you have the part open, you can use the ERASE CURRENT in the same location.

This it it, it works, thank you very much!!!

I also found this, might be useful:

There is a config.pro option related to File, Erase, Not Displayed called "prompt_on_erasenotdisp".

YES (default) - a message window for each eligible object in question appears, asking if you want to first save the object before it is erased.

NO - the system will immediately erase all eligible objects.

I am not sure how this would work though, I have to go home and test it.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

This will add an extra step to erasing what is in memory. It will ask for *EACH* object if you want to save it.

If you have a lot of objects in memory, it could be a significant number of times you will have to respond.

In my opinion, if you are having trouble remembering to save, you should work on saving every time before you close a window instead of relying on the system to prompt you to save when erasing memory or exiting the program.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why are you:

1) Trying to open an already open part? Switch part will get you to that part.

2) Why do you have the same part in multiple locations? This will only lead to confusion as to which is the latest.

I am guessing you do not use a PDM system since a PDM would not allow to have the same part file in multiple locations.

Top Tags