cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CREO 5.0 Install Question

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

CREO 5.0 Install Question

We are currently using CREO 3.0 M090.

I am looking at CREO 5.0 to see if we want to upgrade.

In CREO 3.0, I placed my config files (config.sup, config.pro, etc) in the <loadpoint>\common files \text folder.

When I loaded CREO 5.0 I found the folder as shown in the attached pics.

Does anyone know what these folders are for?

Do I place my config files in these folders or in the <loadpoint>\common files \text folder?

Thanks for your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's folder with some preconfigured standards PTC started to include at least with Creo 1.0 and I think it's meant primarily for schools and universities to quickly configure their modeling/drawing standards to ANSI or ISO, since schools presumably don't create their own standards like most companies do.

These folders have nothing to do with where you put your own files, they just hold preconfigured config.pro, .dtl and template files. You can safely ignore them and put your files as you always did.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Interesting, the online help doesn't seem to mention it.  Even the section on setting configuration options has no info.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jforsyth)

Can't see your images, but I will venture to say that PTC has NOT changed the default location from the <loadpoint>\commonfiles\text folder for these files.

A little experimentation on your part will prove this.

I noticed that there were files labeled "schools" or "edu", is this a student or schools version install?  It may differ from the commercial.

--
LinkedIn

It's folder with some preconfigured standards PTC started to include at least with Creo 1.0 and I think it's meant primarily for schools and universities to quickly configure their modeling/drawing standards to ANSI or ISO, since schools presumably don't create their own standards like most companies do.

These folders have nothing to do with where you put your own files, they just hold preconfigured config.pro, .dtl and template files. You can safely ignore them and put your files as you always did.

@LukaszMazur wrote:

It's folder with some preconfigured standards PTC started to include at least with Creo 1.0...

Well, what do you know, there they are in my Creo 2 install too. Smiley Very Happy

Capture.JPG

--
LinkedIn
jforsyth
12-Amethyst
(To:jforsyth)

Thanks for all of your responses.

I never noticed it before but these same folders are in my CREO 3.0 install.

I was thinking that these folders were for schools and/or students, but I want to get some feedback first before I messed my installed up beyond repair.

I will continue to place my config files where I always have.

thanks again for your help.

Top Tags