cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CREO RESTARTS MY COMPUTER EVERY TIME I RUN IT

ptc-5187027
1-Newbie

CREO RESTARTS MY COMPUTER EVERY TIME I RUN IT

As titled...

So frustrating. I have un-installed and re-installed... ran in compatibility mode... and yet still, everytime I run Creo 2.0 I can get into the program and sketch something simple such as a rectangle. The minute I click on anything in the menu bar my computer restarts.

I have an i5 HP envy and have used Creo 2.0 on my computer before...

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Does anyone know how to do a complete uninstall of the software so that I can try a fresh install with all registry items removed?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fixed...

The information I obtained is mostly from http://communities.ptc.com/thread/37682 and actually answered by Mark S. Fischer .

Thank you for the help Eric, Hugo, and others within the forum whom have posted in the past.

It was a graphics issue and following the steps outlined below I was able to get my computer to cease restarting and Creo to finally work.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\<DATECODE>\text\config.pro

2. Add line ' graphics win32_GDI ' to the config.pro file from notepad and save as config.pro... be sure to add the extension

3. Right click on shortcut and open the "start in" location copy the config.pro file along with its file association from the location you saved the file in from step 1 and paste into the "start in" location.

4. Start Creo and ENJOY!!!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Lonnie and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to see your system choke on Creo. I have never found a good way to clean the registry out completely short of bringing the system back to factory default.

I had Creo student version running about 4 months ago. Got busy with work and school hadnt touched it for awhile and then upgraded to 8.1. Last month, my computer choked... had to reinstall and was in the process of getting Creo back online for a project and this started happening... WEIRD.

I have an i5 HP Envy that I've used Creo on. I don't know what your particular configuration is but it caused me some grief in the past because of the Intel video processor (built into the CPU). It would try to switch the graphics to the Radeon card once things started to get into heavy video processing. It didn't work too well. I had to download a BIOS update that allowed me to disable the built in graphics processor completely so that it always runs on the Radeon graphics card. Graphics switching doesn't seem to play nicely with Creo. If I recall correctly, the Creo screen or the object would just turn black.

You could also try temporarily changing the config option to run the graphics in software. use_software_opengl. That might help to narrow down the problem.

I use ccleaner to delete files and clean the registry. It seems to do a pretty good job.

Thanks for the info Eric. I will try the config option.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M @2.50GHz

Memmory: 8192MB RAM

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Approx. Total Memory: 1792 MB

If that helps you at all to help me further.

So, basically like I stated in the title and up top. My entire screen goes black and then the computer restarts. After google searching like crazy, I have found that there might be a virus or something though my scanner and everything otherwise tells me this isnt so. Anyways, if you have anything further that might help that would be great...

PTC PLEASE HELP IF ERIC CANNOT... OR ANYONE ELSE ...

Hello!

Well ...Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 for Creo?? That's a onboard graphic card right?

Probably that's where the problem is, and if i understand well your problem happens in sketch, that's where Creo have more issues with graphic cards

Fixed...

The information I obtained is mostly from http://communities.ptc.com/thread/37682 and actually answered by Mark S. Fischer .

Thank you for the help Eric, Hugo, and others within the forum whom have posted in the past.

It was a graphics issue and following the steps outlined below I was able to get my computer to cease restarting and Creo to finally work.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\<DATECODE>\text\config.pro

2. Add line ' graphics win32_GDI ' to the config.pro file from notepad and save as config.pro... be sure to add the extension

3. Right click on shortcut and open the "start in" location copy the config.pro file along with its file association from the location you saved the file in from step 1 and paste into the "start in" location.

4. Start Creo and ENJOY!!!!

Top Tags