cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CREO Won't Load

oklahn
1-Newbie

CREO Won't Load

I just finished installing CREO Parametric 3.0 but when I try to open the program it does nothing. The load icon appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears. I have been looking online and maybe I don't have compatible hardware? I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:oklahn)

Otto,

It can be due to graphics on machine, try adding graphics win32_gdi in config.pro in <Install location>\M##\\Common Files\text

How do I open config.pro? Would I need a specific application?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

you can open that in text editor (notepad or wordpad)

There is a prompt that tells me "Access is Denied" when I try to save the config.pro file.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Yes, you may need write permission to save that file. Other options:.

Ist:

1. Right click on Creo shortcut > Properties

2. Check the Start in folder

3. Open start in folder in Windows explorer

4. Create a text file and change the name of file as config.pro

5. Open the created config.pro and add defined option > save and close.

IInd

1. Right click on Creo shortcut > Properties

2. move the cursor to extreme right in target part and add a space after double quote and -g:win32_gdi

Every time I tried opening the program it would create "_trl.txt" in the "Start in:" folder which in my case is C:\Users\Public\Documents. The two options didn't work for me but when I clicked on the "_trl.txt" file, the program PTC Creo View Express starts up.

Hi,

• launch Notepad using right mouse button command Run as Adminstrator
  • open config.pro file and add graphics win32_gdi option at the end of file
  • save file

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Is this a commercial version or student version of Creo 3?

Open up the permissions on the <Install location>\M##\\Common Files\text folder so you have RW rights.

Do you have the proper license file for Creo 3.0 and the License Manager installed?

I have a student version of 3.0 and I entered in the license that was given to me by my instructor. I had installed everything successfully without any prompts. I just allowed permissions for all users on the text folder but it still won't start.

Top Tags