cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CREO parametric 4 cannot open, maybe related to traceback file

FriedrichSun
3-Visitor

CREO parametric 4 cannot open, maybe related to traceback file

I successfully installed CREO parametric 4.0, however when I double click on the creo parametric 4 icon on my desktop, the loading sign appears for a few seconds, then nothing happens and never launches at all. In the traceback file, an abnormal report is as follows:

The trace creation timestamp is: Mon Apr 20 22:27:46 20
The executable build timestamp is: Thu Jan 01 08:00:36 70
The datecode is: NA
The pro machine type is: NA
The process ID is: NA
The traceback type is : CRASH
-------------------------------------------------
Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION has occurred in the thread 19968.

Please help me with this, I downloaded it on my laptop which has no problem, but on my desktop this happens. I disable firewall during installation. When I reinstalled it, the problem persist.

My graphic cards are: AMD Radeon R5 330 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 which are compatible. Neither am I running any VPN network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's nothing inherently wrong with the computer, RAM could be higher but fine for smaller stuff, except the graphics. They are NOT certified nor even meet the basic requirements for OpenGL. You might have gotten away with it in the past but there is no guarantee you will continue to be lucky. The first thing I would try would be to get the latest graphics drivers, first from HP but in the AMD case you might try the latest directly from there.

I'm not sure exactly how far along the startup Creo is crashing so this also may or may not work, in your config.pro try adding the line

graphics wind32_gdi

It should stop Creo from trying to use OpenGL but as I said I'm not even certain it is reaching the point where it is reading your config.pro.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You don't mention what computer you have in particular but the graphics cards you mention do not seem to be approved. Where did you see that they are compatible? I only see Radeon Pro cards not an R5 330  and very few Intel graphics at all and none with the HD 630. I didn't check every manufacturer so please provide that information.

Thank you for your reply. I am using a HP slimline Desktop PC-270-p0XX, Intel Core(TM) i7-7700T CPU@ 2.9Ghz, 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10 Home, 7.90 usable RAM

There's nothing inherently wrong with the computer, RAM could be higher but fine for smaller stuff, except the graphics. They are NOT certified nor even meet the basic requirements for OpenGL. You might have gotten away with it in the past but there is no guarantee you will continue to be lucky. The first thing I would try would be to get the latest graphics drivers, first from HP but in the AMD case you might try the latest directly from there.

I'm not sure exactly how far along the startup Creo is crashing so this also may or may not work, in your config.pro try adding the line

graphics wind32_gdi

It should stop Creo from trying to use OpenGL but as I said I'm not even certain it is reaching the point where it is reading your config.pro.

Thank you very much for your help

Top Tags