cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can I get Parametric 2.0 to work on a Mac?

ptc-5363928
1-Newbie

Can I get Parametric 2.0 to work on a Mac?

I just authorized the use of my student edition from the textbook I purchased and was surprised to see that it only works on Windows platforms. Doesn't say this anywhere in the book or on the slip that came with the authorization code for the download. A

Anyone know how to get this work on my Mac? I've seen a few forums where people say they run a partition or parallel Windows on their Mac. How does that work?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brian,

You can find the answer in this post: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/49947?tstart=0

Quote:

The anwser is Yes and No. Currently PTC Academic software is supported only on Windows machines. However some users have found success running Creo on Mac systems in the following 2 scenarios.

• Using virtual machine software such as Parallels to run Windows;
  • Running Windows software in dual-boot mode on Mac systems with Intel-based hardware.

PTC cannot make any recommendations on hardware or software for users attempting to run Creo in these environments.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Brian,

You can find the answer in this post: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/49947?tstart=0

Quote:

The anwser is Yes and No. Currently PTC Academic software is supported only on Windows machines. However some users have found success running Creo on Mac systems in the following 2 scenarios.

• Using virtual machine software such as Parallels to run Windows;
  • Running Windows software in dual-boot mode on Mac systems with Intel-based hardware.

PTC cannot make any recommendations on hardware or software for users attempting to run Creo in these environments.

I'm a big Rhino3D fan for personal use and from what I've read from other users is Rhino actually performs better through Parallels/Bootcamp.

Why? I don't know, but these are reliable users.

Top Tags