cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Can an instance index (.idx) be created thru a Creo DOS command line option (bat file)?

pete3000
8-Gravel

Can an instance index (.idx) be created thru a Creo DOS command line option (bat file)?

We have a scenario where i would like a certain folder on a network drive to have the instance index updated.  Id prefer it be a behind the scenes action like at a  command prompt or batch file.

any thoughts?

currently running Creo 8

2 REPLIES 2

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. For example, screenshots are useful to better understand what you are trying to do and will also increase your chance to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra

If you look at a part or assembly file with family table instances by editing it with an text editor that is capable of opening it, you'll see that the majority of such a file is binary and compressed.

This makes use of a batch file impossible, since there is nothing in the file to parse to build the index file.

Also, I'm not really sure what the structure of the index file is. What the syntax of each line needs to be to be useful.

Finally, if I look at an index file of an oft-visited directory, it's loaded with outdated listings of instances of parts that are no longer in that directory. Parts that were renamed or deleted, etc. It doesn't seem like the indexing does any cleanup or updating. I suspect that things are only added to the file, but never removed. Perhaps this is a problem you are trying to address.

Top Tags