cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't open creo parametric 2.0?

ptc-5678539
1-Newbie

Can't open creo parametric 2.0?

I'm relatively new to this software, as I have been working with pro/desktop for a long time. I finally downloaded creo parametric 2.0, and after much loading, it won't even open. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong. I am running Windows 7, and when I click the shortcut, it acts like it is loading, and then nothing happens. I restarted the computer and checked these forums to no avail. Some suggestions were made about graphics card incompatibility, but I don't know much about what that means, and although I tried disabling my graphics card and running the program, it didn't work, Can someone help me open the program? Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum.

Did you purchase a full verion Creo license? Is do, you have a maintenance contract. You can open a support case with high priority and they should walk through this with you over the phone or even in a shared session. Not getting any kind of message typically means you have a hardware incompatibility. License issues normally opens the program and gives you a warning.

Is your windows 7 64-bit and is it the professional version?

You can see your windows version here: Control Panel\System and Security\System

Thanks for the answer! I have the full student version, and I figured it was a hardware incompatibility, and I'm trying creo 1.0 instead of 2.0 to see if maybe the older version is compatible, otherwise I'll contact someone.

This post has a link to the academic support site:

Creo Parametric is shutting down because it could not run the Quality Agent

Top Tags