cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can't reconfigure

fhansen
1-Newbie

Can't reconfigure

Hi

I'm running Creo 3.0 through Prallels on my mac. Suddenly it stopped working, and when i try to open af file it says that I have to reconfigure:

Skærmbillede 2015-10-15 kl. 13.56.56.png

Problem is I don't know how to do this. When I'm running the setup-file, it will not let me choose reconfigure under "install new software":

Skærmbillede 2015-10-15 kl. 13.58.03.png

I'm using the free academic software.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem, so I can start using Creo again?

Best regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Reconfigure.exe is a separate executable.  It is located in C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\Parametric\bin (for Creo 3.0)

Thanks a lot for the answer! I still can't find the Reconfigure.exe file in that location? Can it go by another name?

Anyway, do you know if I can uninstall Creo and install it again, without having problem with the license?

Hi,

it looks like parametric.psf file was removed from C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\<datecode>\Parametric\bin directory. It's hard to tell what happened in the virtual machine.

Note: If you do not know, where license file is saved, then you cannot resolve the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

Ok, I'm using the academic edition, so do you know if, it's possible to get a new study-license somewhere?

You can contact PTC to request one.

Frederik,

your current license file is probably located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:fhansen)

Frederik,

Did you get answer for your question from any of the replies on this post?

For support on academic edition you can log a case at Academic Case Logger

Top Tags