cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can't start PTC Creo 3.0

tlemaire
1-Newbie

Can't start PTC Creo 3.0

Hello PTC Community, I'm in need of some help.

In our company we were using PTC Creo 2.0 but we accually had a license file for 3.0.. 

I downloaded PTC Creo 3.0 (MED-100WIN-CD-400_M070_Win64.zip) and installed it. Everything works great untill I tried running Creo. I get the same error when running Simulate.

I get following error:
error.jpg

I tried uninstalled and reinstalling it multiple times. Nothing I've done so far seems to help.

I really appreciate any help anybody can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

These two sentences basicly solved it:

- It seems to me that when you launch CR3, it finds wrong baselibmt.dll file (maybe file that belongs to CR2).
- On my PC C:\Windows\System32 does not contain baselibmt.dll file.

I sorted my System32 folder on date and time. I noticed i had a bunch of other DLL files (128 to exact) created on that date. I moved them all out.. Tried openening Creo 3.0 and it works..

SUCCES!
Thanks ALOT for the help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tlemaire)

Are you running a 64-bit OS?

Properties on your Computer icon will give this:

Yes

yes.jpg

Hi,

did you unzip MED-100WIN-CD-400_M070_Win64.zip and then launch setup.exe ? I use free 7-zip 9.20 software to unzip downloaded files.

MH

Martin Hanák

Yes, I unzipped the file (also with 7-Zip 9.20) before running the setup.exe (as administrator).

I stored the unzipped files in "C:\Temp".

Hi,

I searched baselibmt.dll file on my local disk. I found this file in CR2+CR3 installation and unzipped DVD media.

It seems to me that when you launch CR3, it finds wrong baselibmt.dll file (maybe file that belongs to CR2).

• search you local disk for baselibmt.dll file
  • check PATH variable

MH

Martin Hanák

I found it in CR2, CR3, System32.

Path file:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\Parametric\bin;
C:\PROGRA~1\PTC\MKSTOO~1\bin64;

C:\PROGRA~1\PTC\MKSTOO~1\bin;

C:\PROGRA~1\PTC\MKSTOO~1\bin\X11;

C:\PROGRA~1\PTC\MKSTOO~1\mksnt;

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;

%SystemRoot%\system32;

%SystemRoot%;

%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\Parametric\bin;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\

Hi,

on my PC C:\Windows\System32 does not contain baselibmt.dll file. Go to C:\Windows\System32 directory, rename baselibmt.dll file and test CR3.

MH

Martin Hanák

Progress!! Stuff started changing but i'm not there yet.

After changing the name I got a bunch of other errors, always referring to a dll in my system32 folder. I kept on renaming them. But now it's stuck again. I got this error now.
lol.jpg

I also renamed it in my system32 folder.. but nothing happened.

Thomas,

I give up . I am afraid that your Windows are in bad condition and the only solution is to backup data and ask IT to reinstall Windows to get clean healthy system.

MH

Martin Hanák

These two sentences basicly solved it:

- It seems to me that when you launch CR3, it finds wrong baselibmt.dll file (maybe file that belongs to CR2).
- On my PC C:\Windows\System32 does not contain baselibmt.dll file.

I sorted my System32 folder on date and time. I noticed i had a bunch of other DLL files (128 to exact) created on that date. I moved them all out.. Tried openening Creo 3.0 and it works..

SUCCES!
Thanks ALOT for the help.

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:tlemaire)

Hi all,

had the same error Message but a different solution/cause.

I'll post it here as this was the first/only result for google on baselibmt.dll

A user create a shortcut to xtop.exe. in parallel he started Creo the right way. So he had Creo running but from time to time he tried the wrong shortcut and got various dll error messages.

br Bernhard

Top Tags