cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can the Creo license manager be for 3.0 and the client machine run Creo 2.0?

vfrauenfeld
4-Participant

Can the Creo license manager be for 3.0 and the client machine run Creo 2.0?

Are we able to upgrade the license manager to Creo 3.0 and have client computers that still run Creo 2.0 and point to that same license manager. In other words, is the license "Backwards Compatible"?

I would like to upgrade the license manager to Creo 3.0 and install 3.0 on a few computers to test. However, most users will still be using 2.0.

I want to know if the computers that have not been upgraded can still use the same license manager if it is upgraded.

Thanks,

Vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI Victor,

Yes, you can have a newer version of the license file and server, but still run an older version of the software.  They are backwards compatible.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:vfrauenfeld)

I have installed my Creo 3 license file on the license manager that came with Creo 2 and that works fine.

I would imagine that the Creo 3 license manager and license file will work for your Creo 2 users without problem.

I am running FlexNet Publisher 11.11.1.

HI Victor,

Yes, you can have a newer version of the license file and server, but still run an older version of the software.  They are backwards compatible.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags